How to Find Twitch stream Key?
In our previous posts on Twitch, I have shared how you can stream on Twitch?. In this article, I will talk about the twitch stream key. Many of you must be wondering that what is this twitch stream key exactly means and what the use of it is.
If you also want to know more about stream key and how you can find it you need to scroll down and to get a clear idea.
When you want to stream on the Twitch or want to take any action you need twitch stream key as well as some streaming software also.
When I talk about the twitch key then it is really important when you want to stream with the broadcasting applications that include Bebo, OBS, Gameshow, XSplit, Vmix, or Wirecast.
There are some steps that you have to follow to get your stream key. Below I am going to give your idea about it. Hope you will get the idea for a better understanding.
What is the Use of Twitch Stream key?
If you are a game freak then it is quite sure that you spend your time on the Twitch. It is considered as the best or big destination for the broadcast of live video games.
There are unique benefits that users get from the Twitch and this is the reason this attracts millions of viewers monthly. Viewers spend hours on Twitch to watch different creators on this platform.
You don’t only stream videos games on the Twitch but there are lot many things from cooking to art that you can stream on it.
If I talk about the best part of the Twitch stream then it helps everyone to become a broadcaster. If you want to share something about your game or any other thing then you just need to have decent hardware, software for streaming, and a twitch account.
This will help you to share your views as well as antics of gameplay with viewers. This will surely help you to get more exposure. There are many features available for you on the Twitch stream that is helping users in many ways.
It is best to place to spend your time and can share great things with the audience with the help of this platform.
Must Read: How to Host on Twitch?
Why Do You Need A Stream Key?
Many of you must be wondering why you need a Twitch Stream Key. If you are also one of them then you are at the right place to get the answer. The Twitch stream key is very important if you want to stream on the twitch.
This will allow you to use a custom RTMP server URL. This will help you to broadcast on your twitch account and also you don’t need to log in the application’s Account Manager.
What are the Steps to find your Twitch Stream Key?
If you are a game lover then you surely want a Twitch account and also it is important to explore it more. There are lots of features available for you that you can use to get different benefits.
To get its more benefits you need to find the Twitch stream key. If you think that it is a tedious job then no it is quite easy for anyone.
It will hardly take a minute to find it. After reading this whole article you will find it really easy to locate your Twitch stream key.
Below I am sharing some easy steps to find your stream key with the integration of the Open Broadcast Software streaming solution. So without any further ado, let’s take a plunge into it.
These are the steps that you need to follow:
- If you have the Twitch account then you need to Log into it with the help of username and password.
- After getting logged in you need to click on the username that is in the top right corner.
- Now you need to select the dashboard from the drop-down.
- After this, you need to go to the left panel and then click on the channel option. and from there, you have to click on the settings option.
- Now you will get the option that is Stream Key click on it and then it will show you the option Show Key.
- Finally, you have to click on the show key option. When you will click on it a popup will appear there on the page. There you will get the option I Understand. When you will click on it you get to know about your Twitch stream key.
- These are the easy steps that you have to follow to find your Twitch stream key.
Must Read: How to Stream on Twitch?
How to Add Your Key to Open Broadcast Software?
As I have already discussed that you need the Twitch stream key when you use the application like Open Broadcast Software.
If you are also using OBS and interested to know how you can add your stream key to OBS then you have to follow some steps.
So, let’s get started with this and here we go:
- Firstly you have to go to the OBS to initiate the process.
- Now you need to click on the File and after that, you need to click on the option “Settings”.
- When you will click on the setting option you will get the popup on the page. Now in the left panel, you have to click on the stream.
- Now as the service you need to input Twitch.
- And Now you need to choose a server But you have to choose the one that is closest to you.
- At last, you have to use your Twitch stream key and paste it.
- Now you have to click on the option Apply and then on the option OK.
As I have above shared some steps that will help you to get the idea from where you get your stream key. I have also discussed how you can add your stream key to OBS.
These steps are very easy to perform and by simply reading you can follow them and get your stream key. It’s not at all a tedious job.
Anyone can get it easily from their Twitch account by simply login to your account. But there are some things that you need to take care to secure your Twitch account.
As I have discussed that it is very easy to get the Twitch stream key and you should be cautious about it. If you will not take care of Twitch stream key then other people will able to use it.
If other people know about it they will use it and try to stream on your account. So it is important that your username, password and stream key should be secure so that no one can use your account to streaming purpose.
When you will press the Show key option as I have discussed above you will also get the warning message. In this warning message,
it will be written that you should never tell or show you stream key to anyone around. You also cannot share this stream key even with the twitch admins.
Must Read: Change Twitch Name
Please Let Me Know By Comments
I hope you will like this article. If you have any query or you want any article on twitch then let me know by comments I will happy to help you.
Have you Got your Twitch Streaming Key?
"Beside this, He also work as a SEO Analyst at Technozuzu."
Latest posts by Rajesh Goyal (see all)
- Buy Instagram Followers Real – The Simplest Way - June 16, 2019
- iCloud Drive-Best Cloud Storage-How to Access File in iCloud Drive? - June 11, 2019
- “Best” Cheap Web Hosting Sites 2019-Web Hosting Services - April 25, 2019