How To Make Profile Picture Private On Facebook?
How to make profile picture private on Facebook is a very vital topic of Facebook. social media has taken its place in everyone’s life gradually. This is the reason people are spending their lots of time posting different things on social media websites.
People enjoy sharing their photos, videos, and other personal moments with their friends on Facebook. But some people feel hesitate to post their pictures because of their security issues.
On Facebook in your profile page, there is a square image on the left side and this is set public by default. Whenever anybody searches for you then your profile picture gets visible to them.
If you will not make it private then everyone that is not included in your friend’s list will be able to see this picture.
There are many people that can harm you by intervening in your social media world. These settings are very important to stay safe on Facebook.
If you don’t want to allow others to take a view of the full picture then you need to do some settings. There are some important things that we are discussing below to become the safe use of Facebook.
Also Read: 27 Cool Whatsapp Tips and Tricks Guide 2018
Set Facebook Profile to Private:
When we talk about the internet world then scammers and fraudsters hover all around and you all need to be stay protected to avoid any mishappening.
You can use Facebook in a protected way without any worry with security options. If you’re distraught because of your privacy matter then set your profile to private.
This will ensure that all the people that are out from your friend list will be unable to peep inside your privacy. You have to follow some steps to set your profile private.
- Firstly you have to click to the “question mark icon” that is at the right top of the page.
- Now you will get “Privacy Shortcuts” and then click on it.
- Then go to the “See More Settings”.
- After clicking on this you will get the “Edit” option and according to your choice, you can do editing.
- For your privacy concern, you need to replace “Public” with “Friends or Friends of Friends”. This all depends upon your choice that what you are choosing in drop down box.
- This will help you to share all the information with the people whom you know and no outsider will able to intrude your privacy.
Also Check: Funny Chat Group Names
How you can make your Profile Picture Private on Facebook?
You can say that your profile picture is your first impression on visitors. You can change your profile picture according to your wish.
Every time you will change your picture then your previous picture will save into the “profile picture album” automatically. If you will not block people from viewing your profile picture then this will be available publicly for all people.
There are many people who only make their profile private but forgot to do privacy setting for their profile. You have to change privacy settings for your all profile pictures that are inside your profile picture album.
There are some steps that you people need to follow to make your profile picture private.
Also Read: Live Streaming Films: Netflix, Amazon Prime
pictures on Facebook and that include
- Log in to Facebook>Photos link below cover photo>click to albums> Profile albums.
- You can directly click on the profile picture on the top right side of the Facebook.
- After reaching the profile picture you need to click on the profile picture and you will get the edit button on the right side of the picture. You have to edit every picture in profile picture album by clicking left or right on the given arrows.
- You have to click on the edit button to select the different options. These options will include Public, Friends, Friends except, and only me. You have to replace the “Public” with any other option according to your wish.
- Before leaving the page you need to click on “Done Editing” to get the desired results.
These all options have their own meaning. To get the privacy you have to replace “Public” that means your photo is visible for everyone. If you will choose “Friends” then you are sharing your photo with your friends.
There are other option “Friends except” and this will filter your friends with whom you don’t want to share pictures.
There is the last option “Only me” that is available for those who don’t want to share their profile picture with anyone. When you will choose this option then only you will be able to see it.
What Does Profile Picture Private Means?
When you will make your profile picture private then what does it actually means for you? Are you thinking that nothing will be visible to that square image place?
If you are thinking this way then you are totally wrong. If you will choose any given option even then your small picture will be available there.
But no one will be able to see the full picture of yours. This will block people to share your profile picture. They will also be unable to leave a comment there.
What are the Advantages of making your Facebook Profile Picture Private?
Nowadays in this internet oriented World where every information of yours is available there, you need a protection layer. No one is forcing us to share photos and videos on these sites but we still willing to do so.
In this case, you need to play safe by following each step that is necessary for your safety. More people are facing harassment because they don’t have any security on Facebook or any other social media site.
So, this is important to make your profile picture private to avoid any horrendous situation. This will prevent others to steal your information and photos from Facebook.
So, always take care of yourself because your safety is always in your hand when you are using the internet.
If you want to block people to see the full-size profile picture then this is not a bad option. You should choose all the options that can keep your privacy up when you are on the internet.
You should share this information with your friends, family, relatives and all your known people that are new on Facebook. New users always need your guidance to avoid any other problem in the future.
Give them proper awareness regarding keeping the profile picture or making your profile private.
Also Read: Pokemon Go Tracker 2019