Podcasts are one of the best applications when you need anything in your hands. It could be listening to match commentary, news about your business, stocks, music, etc. You can even learn new techniques or solutions to your relevant issues. but besides this “how to download a podcast?” people faces this problem. so, in this article, we will explain everything about podcasting.
Podcasts have become very attractive because you can use them easily according to your concerns. But the people who are new to podcasts might face issues in downloading and listening to them. This article is your answer to all your queries.
You might be using the new iPhone 11 smartphone. So, Let’s see first how to download and use podcasts in an iPhone and then we will move further.
You can listen to podcasts on your way to your meetings or can save the chapters to listen/watch them later.
It is very easy when it comes to listening to podcasts on an iPhone. To get regular updates, use Apple’s Podcasts app on iOS.
Steps to use Podcasts on iPhone:
- Click on the iTunes app icon on your iPhone.
- In the “Search Bar”, type the name of a podcast. You will have a lot of podcasts list on your screen.
- Press on the specific podcast to check its series/episodes.
- Click on the icons next to chapters to download and listen to them on the iPhone.
- But remember to enter your account Password, only then the download will start.
Using the Podcast App
This is for the people who are not using Apple’s Podcast. Download any other Podcast app through the app store.
- Click on the “Podcast” app icon.
- Then, click on the “Top Stations” / “Catalog” options to search for different types of Podcasts available.
- Now, Click on the “Search” to search for any particular type of podcasts you are looking for.
- Click on the podcast name.
- Now, after searching and opening the podcast of your preference, subscribe to that podcast on your iPhone by clicking the button, “Subscribe”.
- Subscribing will let you download the new episodes automatically to you when iPhone.
- If you don’t want to subscribe, click on the button next to the episode to directly download into your iPhone.
- And yes don’t forget to enter “Password”, and enjoy it.
- Find your podcasts in the “videos” or the “music” app.
This is how you can download the podcast on the iPhone.
Download Podcasts on Android Smartphones
You can use any podcatcher. (Podcatcher is simply a podcast app ) It is used to download your episodes into your android smartphone. There are a lot of podcatchers available on the Play store.
Just like in the iPhones, you can get alerts for the new episodes on the application. For, that you need to subscribe to that only in case if you don’t want to download every single episode.
Or you can let the app download the podcasts automatically for you.
Some of the famous Apps for Podcast on Android
It is one of the best podcast app available. You can download this from Android central. It will cost you $4 as a one time expense to your pocket.
Access millions of podcasts in the easy-to-use podcast app. Its clean appearance makes searching, browsing, listening, and downloading simple. It may not have every feature that other apps offer, but new features are in the works.
Next is your favorite Google podcast. It is simple, fast, easy to browse and download the episodes you want.
There are all the necessary options in this app one need but if you need extra-one then you should opt for some premium application.
The last method is simple, just go to the podcast website you want to download in your android mobile if you are not willing to use any application for this purpose.
Go to a particular podcast website, download it and listen/watch it anytime on your smartphone or even in your computer system.
How to download a Podcasts in iTunes
There are a lot of podcasts available in the iTunes store. Download the ones you like just by subscribing to them. The same thing works here, once you have subscribed to podcasts, they will be downloaded automatically.
You can download the podcasts from iTunes in two ways:
- The first one sets the auto-downloads and you will get the newly released episodes automatically in your system.
- Second is the manual method to download episodes you wish to download.
Auto Downloads: Go to the podcast and set new episodes download automatically.
- Subscribing to a new podcast: Just click on the Store at the top of the iTunes.
- Select Podcast. Check the list you want to subscribe to and download.
- Use the Subscribe button to subscribe to a podcast on iTunes.
I hope, this information will help you to download and listen to your podcast on iPhone/Android/iTunes.
Things are pretty the same and there are very slight differences in all the three platforms. Podcasts are becoming very famous slowly and people will start using them more and more with time.