How to Delete Twitter Account?
If you are planning to deactivate twitter then this article must be very beneficial for you. There could be many reasons that lead you to deactivate twitter account or permanently delete it. Twitter is the best place to follow your favorite celebrities, politicians and other famous personalities. You can also share your mind with other people too. But if you are planning to stay away from this then you can deactivate twitter or delete it permanently.
If you really want to get the idea about deactivating twitter or how to delete twitter account permanently. then you are at right place. It is not at all lengthy or tedious work to shut your account down.
If you want to stay away from twitter then there are only two ways for you. First one is that you can permanently delete it or reactivate it after one month. Here we will tell you everything about how to delete twitter account.
[button link=”https://www.technozuzu.com/free-proxy-websites/” type=”icon” newwindow=”yes”] Free Proxy Websites[/button]
How to deactivate twitter account? Things you need to know
Sometimes you make decisions immediately without getting the idea about the consequences or results. but after performing that decision you think you only left with regrets.
So if you are planning to deactivate twitter or delete it permanently then it’s important to know about them properly.
So before moving toward how to delete twitter account just run through these points quickly.
- If you want to delete or deactivate twitter then you can not use the twitter app for this. It means you need a computer or phone with a browser. This is required to set a desktop mode.
- If you have deactivated your account then it does not mean that you get rid of Twitter. actually, Twitter keeps your data into its servers for 30 more days. This is because of the reason if you changed your mind to come back again to your twitter account. Within 30 days, you can come back to it but after that, you will permanently lose your account.
- Within 30 days if you have changed your mind then you just need to simply log into your account. It will help you to regain your access to your account.
- If you have deactivated twitter but still you will get some stuff that is viewable to you or others. But if you really want to disappear some stuff then you have to first delete that stuff before deleting your account.
- If you want to use the previous username or email for the new account. then you can do this by simply make changes through the options. But remember this you can do after deactivating twitter.
[button link=”https://www.technozuzu.com/backup-bookmarks-chrome/” type=”icon” newwindow=”yes”] How To Backup Bookmarks Chrome?[/button]
How to deactivate twitter account?
If you have decided that no more tweets on twitter and thinking of deactivating twitter then you have to just follow some steps to deactivate your profile.
After deactivating your account you still have the time of 30 days to change your decision and reactivate your account again. When your 30 days will get over you will lose your account forever. So without any further ado, we are going to tell you how to delete twitter account.
How to delete a Twitter account on the desktop?
Here you will get to know that how to delete twitter account on the desktop. You have to follow these steps to get your twitter account deleted. These steps are as follows:
- Firstly you have to sign into your account with your username and password on the Twitter website.
- Now you have to go the profile icon and then click on the settings and privacy from the drop-down.
- And now you will get Deactivate Twitter account option in the Account section.
- Now have to click on this Deactivate option.
- After the entering password, you have to click on the option Deactivate account.
How to delete a Twitter account on Android?
All the Android phone holder who want to know that how to delete twitter account can scroll down to follow these given steps. This will help them to get rid of their twitter account.
- According to your version of the app, you will have to click on the profile icon or hamburger menu after log into the twitter account.
- After this, you have to click on the option Settings and Privacy menu and then you have to tap account.
- Now click on the option deactivate your account.
- And Now you have to Tap Deactivate.
- Now you will ask to enter your password to confirm that you really want to deactivate your account and then you have to click on Deactivate.
- At the end Tap Yes, deactivate and this will lead you toward deactivation of your account.
[button link=”https://www.technozuzu.com/funny-group-chat-names-whatsapp/” type=”icon” newwindow=”yes”] *Top* 1000+ Funny Group Chat Names [/button]
How to delete a Twitter account on iOS?
If you want to know how to delete twitter account on iOS then these are the steps that you need to follow:
· Firstly, as usual, you need to log in and then go to the profile icon that you will get at the top of the screen.
· Now you have to select the option Settings and privacy and then you have to click on the options account.
· And Then you have to hit the option deactivate twitter account.
· When you will tap on the deactivate twitter then again you need to enter the password to confirm that you need to deactivate twitter.
· Now tap deactivate option and then follow it by clicking the yes option for deactivation.
- With this, you will be able to deactivate twitter on your iOS.
How to delete twitter account in App?
If you people are wondering how to delete twitter account in App then you can not do so on the app. to deactivate twitter account in-app you also need to uninstall your twitter app from your phone, tablet, or from any other device.
You are unable to deactivate twitter from the app but accidentally if you will click on the app after deactivating twitter account within 30 days then it will reactivate your account.
After this, you have to again proceed the same process to deactivate twitter. So it is better to delete or uninstall the Twitter app if you really want to delete it. Otherwise, you have to repeat the process again.
[button link=”https://www.technozuzu.com/how-to-stream-on-twitch/” type=”icon” newwindow=”yes”] How To Stream On Twitch?[/button]
How to delete a Twitter account permanently?
There is a difference between deactivating the Twitter account and permanently delete it. For the first 30 days after deactivating Twitter if you will change your mind and want to reactivate your account then you can go for it. But once this time will be over you can not do so. After that, your account will permanently be deleted.
For the first 30 days, Twitter will retain you all data. However, your account is deactivated for this period but still, your data will be there on its servers. If you are feeling that you don’t want to delete your account then you can get it back simply log in to your account.
However, after your grace period of 30 days will be over you can’t get your account back. After the deactivation of your account for a few days, you will be able to view some stuff on twitter but with time it will vanish automatically.
There is another important thing if you want to change your username and email address then there is no need to delete your account. You can only make some changes in your account settings to get this done. To get more idea you can scroll down.
How you can make your username or email re-useable before deactivating your account?
If you people are deactivating your twitter account but still want to use the username and email again for your new account then here are some steps that you need to follow to reuse it. These steps are as follows:
- Firstly you need to log in through the twitter.com. Now under the profile icon, you will get the option setting and privacy. You have to click on it from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will get the username field. Now you have to choose the new username for your account.
- There will the email address field also and you have to choose a new email address also that you want to add.
- At the bottom of the page, you will get the option to save changes. You have to click on it to proceed further.
- Now again you are asked to fill your password again. After filling the password you would able to confirm that your changes are saved.
- Now to confirm about your new email address you will get the link to your email
- During the 30 day deactivation period if you are choosing to sign up again then it will allow you to use your email and username on a new account.
How to delete Twitter Account: Wrapping up
Now after following all the steps that we have discussed above, you will be free from tweets and rewets on twitter. These steps are so simple to perform. So if you want to deactivate twitter account for any reason then you can go for it.
[button link=”https://www.technozuzu.com/instagram-captions-2019/” type=”icon” newwindow=”yes”] 1000+ Best Instagram Captions[/button]