How to Backup Chrome Bookmarks?
Hey, friends are you also getting nightmares of losing your Google Chrome bookmarks as I did earlier. If yes then I think with this article I will surely be able to help you out. Whenever you find any website interesting without any delay you just bookmark it to make it reachable afterward. When you bookmark in Chrome for any site then you can reach it anytime whenever you want to. Can you imagine these Backup chrome bookmarks vanished one day and left you in an awful situation?
No, you can’t imagine this. However, this can happen anytime or to anybody. You can’t wake up every time in the fear that you would lose the bookmarks.
So, to avoid this dreadful situation you just need to be updated about Backup Chrome Bookmarks.
Well, I know there are around three-four questions that are causing burning sensation inside your head too. “What about Backup Chrome Bookmarks to a secure location”. I am thinking of getting a new version of Google Chrome. So can I create it?
Would I be able to auto- backup saved Google Chrome bookmarks? I always clear my history, caches, and cookies to maintain the good speed of chrome browser.
This removes my bookmark every time. Can I save Backup Chrome Bookmarks automatically?
Can I able to restore the backup Bookmarks in Chrome? In case if I lost the bookmarks you can restore them. So many questions are swarming inside your mind. Just relax? Follow this article to get your all answers here only.
Also Read: Funny Group Chat Names
How to Backup Bookmarks in Few Minutes
Video Credit: Anthony Godinho
To backup bookmarks in Chrome will not take your much time and you will be fear-free in a few minutes. However, there are some steps that you need to follow but that is not time-consuming. So if you are wondering how to backup bookmarks Chrome then here are the way for you.
We are sharing this article to overcome your fear and remove all the ambiguities. When you follow these steps then you will get benefits and will never lose your Google Bookmarks.
Here are the ways you can face this nasty situation. There are two ways for you people if you want backup as well as Chrome Bookmarks export. So, without any further ado let’s get started with these methods here.
Also Read: Instagram Captions 2019
METHOD 1: MANUALLY EXPORT CHROME BOOKMARKS
Now the main thing I am sure you are pondering about “How to do Chrome Bookmarks export? When you will do the Google Chrome Bookmarks export you will be able to add it to any browser according to your choice.
Currently, there is no option available for exporting your bookmarks from the phone apps. But you can export them from the computer version easily.
If there is syncing of your phone bookmarks with your Google Chrome account then they are available for export. If you want to export them to any computing device version then you will be able to do it.
Previously when you don’t have much idea to export the Google Chrome Bookmarks then you find it quite difficult but with this article undoubtedly you will find it easy.
We will show you here how you can do Google Chrome Bookmarks export. There are some steps that you have to follow the Chrome Bookmarks Export:
- In the first step, you will open the Google Chrome browser. If you have Google Chrome account available and your bookmarks are saved there then you need to sign in first. This will help you to display your all bookmarks.
- After this, you have to click on the “Utility Icon”.
- In the next step, you have to go to Bookmark option that will be pop up to the left side of the page.
- Now click on the Bookmark Manager. This will allow you to organize your all existed bookmarks. To go to the Bookmark manager directly by following this you can go directly to your Bookmark manager by Ctrl+Shift+O on windows.
- Now click on the utility button at the top-right. Now after this you will click on the Chrome Bookmarks Export. Your computer will allow you to choose the location of your own choice to save your bookmarks.
- You have to pick a name as well as a location for the bookmark file. You will get the option “Save as” when you will click on the Chrome Bookmarks export This will allow you to decide on which location you want to save it. When you will choose the location and name then this will make it easy for you to seek it easily later.
- If you will not give it any name it will save as “Bookmarks” by default. The default storage area for your bookmarks is the “Documents” folder. When you will click on the save button then it will be started
When you will follow these steps then it will be easy for you to Chrome bookmarks export in a different situation. This will help you to stay away from the fear of losing them.
Now our next method will help you to tell that how to Auto– backup bookmarks in Chrome.
Also Read: Download Instagram Videos
METHOD 2: AUTO-BACKUP CHROME BOOKMARKS
Folk, if you want to skip the method of backup again and again then you can get some tools online. This will do work for you. There are many back-ups as well as recovery software available for you to use on the internet.
We are suggesting you one named EaseUS Todo Backup Free. You can try this after downloading it to the net and this will make everything easy for you.
- This method helps you with auto backup bookmarks in Chrome and here you would get the idea about it. For this, you need to install EaseUS Todo Backup tool first to proceed After launching it you need to click on the file backup option.
- This step will be proceeded further after selecting Chrome bookmarks and it follow the given path: Computer > system (C:) > Users > Username > AppData > Chrome. To move further you need to select the destination to save your bookmarks. This will help you to autosave your Backup Bookmarks Chrome to this location automatically.
- Now in the next step, you also have to select backup frequency. To this, you will click on the Sacrifice option. After this, this tool will help you to automatically create a bookmark for you chrome bookmarks.
- This step will be followed by the click on the save button and then to proceed button. This will allow you to auto-backup chrome bookmarks.
Now your third question that how you can restore the chrome bookmark will be answered here. This is the second segment and this will help you in the condition where you have lost your bookmarks and you need to restore them.
If you are in such condition then avoid fear and anger. Just follow these steps and help yourself. Just take a look at these steps:
Also Read: iPhone IMEI Check Online
Manually Restore Backup Bookmarks Chrome to the Browser
Video Credit: learning to compute
So if you have faced the problem related to lost chrome bookmarks and you are desperate to recover them then you can follow these steps to get everything back that too in a few minutes.
- To start this you need to open the Google chrome first then go to Customize and Control Google Chrome menu and open it by clicking it.
- Now you will get the option of Bookmarks and from there you have to select the “Bookmarks manager”.
- After this, you have to click the option “Organize” to start importing bookmarks to HTML file.
At last, you have to choose the HTML document and to finish the process you need to press the open option. This is the manual process to restore the bookmarks.
If you don’t want the manual process then for you there are other options available too that is by using EaseUS Todo Backup. With the help of this, you can restore the Backup Bookmarks in Chrome automatically.
Also Read: Download iCloud For Windows
Restore the Chrome Bookmarks with the Help of EaseUS Todo Backup
We have discussed above that how you can restore your lost bookmarks manually. Whenever you go through such a nasty situation then you can follow these steps to restore your backup bookmarks Chrome.
If you don’t want to do everything automatically then you need to use different tools.
These tools are available on the net for free. Here we are going to discuss the EaseUS Todo Backup for restoring the bookmarks automatically. Here are the following steps:
- It will start after launching this tool named EaseUS Todo Backup and now you have to click on the Browser to restore.
- Now you have to choose recovery destination and for this, you have to select the latest backups of your Chrome bookmarks.
- To finish the process you need to click on proceed to finish this restoring process.
- After this copy the HTML file of the chrome bookmarks and then paste it in the following (C:) /Users/Username/AppData/ Chrome. You can also choose another way by importing the HTML file into the Chrome
Now you will proceed further by relaunching the Chrome and this will lead you toward the backup bookmarks Chrome.
Also Read: Instagram “Your Activity” Feature
Chrome Bookmark Location
Google Chrome is one of the popular browsers that have lots of features as well as helpful extensions that are very helpful for users.
Well, finding a chrome bookmarks location may be tedious or not be user-friendly.
You will find some situations that can make you worried about the Bookmarks security that includes when you want your OS to reset again, in case of need of back up the bookmarks, and when there is the need to delete a file that is corrupted etc.
Some people also want to change their browser to a new one other than Chrome. This is the reason they don’t want to lose the saved bookmarks and want to Chrome bookmarks export them to a new browser.
If you will not export then you will lose them. But your knowledge about chrome bookmark location will help to export them to a new browser too. With the help of this, you will be able to use it next time and also you will find it relaxing too.
There is no need to worry about finding the location of the chrome bookmark location. Chrome also saves all the modification automatically. You can easily locate the bookmarks at any operating system that you are using.
There are some simple steps we have discussed below that will help you to know about the location of the Chrome Bookmarks.
Also Read: Pokemon tracker 2019
Where Chrome Bookmarks are Stored?
All your Chrome bookmarks are stored under the file named “Bookmarks”. Along with the “Bookmark” Google Chrome also save the “Bookmark.bak” file. If you are using Windows that include Window 7,8,10 and Vista then bookmark files will be stored under the following location on the disk:
Chrome Bookmark Location:
For Windows 7, Window 8 and Window 10
For Window XP:
If you are using window XP in your PC then you have to follow this path for the Windows XP.
C:/Documents and Settings\\%Username%\Local Settings\Application
Import Bookmark Chrome
Undoubtedly, your Backup bookmarks Chrome are always very important for you and you always want to save them for your later use.
Sometimes you need to migrate from one browser to another and at that time you need to import the Chrome Bookmarks.
To do this you need to follow some steps and below we have discussed this in details.
Here you will get the idea that how you will import from Chrome and how you will import from the internet explorer, Edge, and Firefox.
Import from Chrome
Here are some steps that you have to follow to import bookmarks and these steps are as follows:
- First, you have to open chrome and then press Ctrl+Shift+O to open bookmark manager on Chrome or you can also click on the vertically stacked three dots that is called chrome menu button to select Bookmarks and then Bookmark Manager.
- Now you have to open a submenu after clicking Organize to open other options.
- Then you have to choose Import bookmarks from HTML file.
Now this will lead to import the contents of the file.
If you want to migrate from the current browser that is not that popular and doesn’t have much market share then you can migrate from that browser to Chrome.
But there should be an option available on the current browser to export bookmarks to HTML. There some browsers available that has the option to exporting Bookmarks to HTML.
Import from Internet Explorer, Edge or Firefox
Chrome has the ability to extract different data that include bookmarks, form data, and Passwords. It can directly extract it from the Edge, internet explorer, and Firefox. To do this chrome doesn’t require any import and export file.
There are some steps that you have to follow to import from internet explorer, Firefox and Edge:
- First, you have to open the “Chrome menu”. To open it you have to click on the vertical three dots under the Exit button. After clicking on it you will get another option.
- Now next you have to choose the settings option to proceed further.
- You have to click on the option called Import bookmarks and settings. You will get this option under the People section.
- Now you can select your browser name from the drop-down menu to move further.
- when you will select the browser then the next step is to choose all the stuff that you want to import. This stuff may include from data, the browsing history, passwords, favorites, and search engines.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Import button to start the process of transferring data.
- And in last you will click on done option to close the window. With this, you will return to Chrome again.
When you will successfully import all the stuff that you want to then you will get the success message. This will indicate that you have correctly imported everything.
You will get all the imported bookmarks in the respective folders that include imported from Firefox and imported from IE. You will find them on the Bookmark bar.
How to Sync your Bookmarks to Chrome Browser
You can also follow another option of syncing bookmarks to any Chrome browser. If you feel free to sharing information to the cloud instead of keeping it on a computer only then you can go through this option.
Here you can use Gmail account for syncing purpose to any device where you use chrome. In the chrome window to the upper right-hand side, you have to select the user icon.
Now you have to click on Chrome Sign in option. When you will Sign in to your account it will always set to sync because it is the by default setting on Chrome.
Now when you will log in to your account then you will able to reach your bookmarks from any device. If you want to check your privacy and sync option then just click to the settings menu.
Many of us consider chrome as the most preferred browser because it serves users with enormous features. It is the most preferred because they secure your personal settings and also your information will be available to you only.
All your bookmarks and other favorites are always is hidden in a special folder. Only you will be allowed to view them after signing in to your account.
There are different ways that we have discussed above will also ensure that you will not lose your bookmarks in different situations.
It may be tricky for you to locate your bookmarks on the Chrome but still, you feel relaxed that your data is always secure on the Chrome always.
But if you have the proper knowledge to locate the bookmarks file without any hassle then any time you can retrieve them.
There are some ways that we have discussed above to backup bookmarks Chrome in different cases. So, always keep your fear of losing bookmarks aside and follow this article to get the proper idea of different information about Bookmarks.
Also Read: Google FI Project
"Beside this, He also work as a SEO Analyst at Technozuzu."
Latest posts by Rajesh Goyal (see all)
- Buy Instagram Followers Real – The Simplest Way - June 16, 2019
- iCloud Drive-Best Cloud Storage-How to Access File in iCloud Drive? - June 11, 2019
- “Best” Cheap Web Hosting Sites 2019-Web Hosting Services - April 25, 2019